Monday, October 5, 2015

GOD IS LOVE


 
 
Hey Fam!! So this week rocked because it was conference and we had zone training. So it was raining revelation. Hallelujah!!  
We also got to talk with Jasmine and it was so amazing. That girl is crazy and I can't believe she hasn't given up yet. So we sent her to try the YSA branch because she really can't handle the family branch right now, and there is some stuff that went down with her aunt (who is in our branch) and her parents, and she is tired of going to church alone and being surrounded by families, so she tried out the YSA and ended up leaving early and she told us what happened and basically I kinda wanna speak to that bishop. Basically after speaking with him she decided to just leave the church and give up, but we texted her and she said she felt prompted to reply and so she kept in touch with us and she says we're the only reason she hasn't decided to be done. She hasn't come to church since then, but she said she's going to try out the Wilton ward with another convert her age she kind of knows at school. Thank goodness. The girl's parents are inactive members but she goes by herself sometimes and really likes that ward, so she goes when she can. It was crazy. Jasmine is just so close to the edge and since we're her only good ties it's kind of a lot of pressure to say and do the right things. My companion did really well at that, Jasmine said she goes running a lot to deal with problems and I was going to ask her about praying and reading because I don't know, those things help, but my companion was like hey that's good, keep doing that. And I was like uh okay. But then later she said that's why she likes us so much, that we aren't robot missionaries and give fakey answers. It was cool, she's so nice. She said she doesn't know why we haven't baptized 200 people yet because she can feel the spirit so much when she's with us. Made us cry. Haha. But the one part that was the coolest (I thought #humble) was when I said some stuff about God trusting her, and us trusting her and that she can take her time, and if it means not coming now, it's okay, because we know she won't ever leave. It was crazy, it was like I had no idea what I was saying and when I was saying that the spirit filled the chapel, it was way cool. She is so special, Satan is working so hard to try and get her off the path right now because he knows how powerful she'll be in the kingdom. Freaking mad at that bishop, I don't know who he thinks he is. Speaking of me being mad at bishops. My other sisters- like sister missionaries -were at dinner at their bishops house, and he ripped apart their spiritual thought and made one of them cry. Freaking. Who is he???? They have a name tag, not you mr all knowing bishop guess what's in my head. What a jerk. Who does that?? It made me so mad. It makes me really appreciate our branch president and how awesome he is and loving and not a wench. 

Ah well. Conference was so amazing, I feel like I have a do to list, which is good, it's nice to have specific things to work on. Zone training was all about harvesting. We have a mission goal of 711 baptisms, and we only have 300. Sooo it's harvest time. Time to reap. Zone training was about preach my gospel, faith, obedience, and that we are here to harvest, not to plant and water. It was motivating. I JUST LOVE CONFERENCE SO MUCH. ALL THE TALKS WERE SO GOOD.

Carlos came to the baptism but he didn't come to conference this weekend. We had a member present lesson with him, and it went okay, it was with Hno Perez who we love, but it just wasn't very smooth, but he's been texting us and keeping in touch really well so that's a good sign. 

Correlation this week was so good. I love our mission leader, he made us abuelita haha, so he must care for real now. But he is really encouraging, and he was super successful on his mission and tells us awesome stories which motivate us. I want to be like him. Hahaha, he had a family ask to be taught by him and he turned them down because he was too busy teaching other families he had to baptize, he'd offered before and they'd always turned him down. The members threw him 3 farewell parties when he left. He had 17 baptisms in one month. Granted they all only had to come to church once before being baptized but still. So cool. He's cool. 

Pues, everyone go home and keep the sabbath day holy, pay tithing, follow the prophet, listen to the holy ghost, etc etc hahaha the gospel is awesome. Those new apostles are awesome. I love them so much already. SPIRIT. 

I AM SO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS. AND MY BIRTHDAY. AND HALLOWEEN. I LOVE YOU ALL. THE CHURCH IS TRUE. 




No comments:

Post a Comment