Monday, September 28, 2015

Entrevistas

Wow so this week was interviews and so it was probably one of the best weeks I've had on the mission. I love President Jardine so much. So much. He is like my personal prophet. Our interview was so good. My interview haha. We talked about the Atonement and being a disciple in Christ, and how I need to forgive myself. President also gave me some council which I think has changed my life. He said "Every time you look back, or look behind you, you let Satan control your future." Wow. Then we had a talk about the Armor of God and how the Atonement is about looking forward with hope. He told me that Godly Sorrow is in every fiber of the gospel, but that guilt never has been and never will be part of the gospel. Wow. So cool. He also silenced two phone calls...both of which I'm pretty sure were from the office of the first presidency who he was supposed to call at 12. Oops. Sorry President, but if they were calling to make you the new apostle I'm glad you missed it because you aren't allowed to leave. Hahaha I love him so much. Plus he's not black, asian, or Mexican so he can't be the new apostle. That's what I'm guessing haha. 

In district meeting we talked about accepting the Atonement and keeping the gospel simple, because that's how it really is. And we did roleplays of just saying one sentence of doctrine. Like "God loves you and wants you to be happy."  "Christ has paid for your sins" "Living Christ's Gospel gives you peace in this life and eternal joy" "Jesus understands perfectly everything you have ever experienced." It was crazy spiritual. I mean for the sisters at least. Not to hate on the elders, but they were laughing haha, in the mean time it was like super spirit in the sister corner and I cried and Sister Barfuss and Sister Diamond both teared up a little. It was awesome. It was straight spirit testifying to spirit, because there was nothing else in the way for the spirit to work around or to not testify of haha. It was so cool. Sister Burke and I are going to look for opportunities to use that kind of simple testifying in lessons and contacting. Also our DL showed us a video from the 12 step addiction program and it was Sooo Good!!! Everyone go watch those!!! What we took away from it was the question "will you let me take this?" Which is what Christ asks us all the time and we never quite give it all or let him take it from us, it's crazy how simple the gospel of Jesus Christ is and we over complicate it to try and understand how someone could love us so much. We're imperfect and we can't comprehend how someone could love us so perfectly, so we hold back. I love the Atonement.

AND a friend of our member got baptized this Sunday-the elders taught him- and Carlos Pilar came!!!!! YAAAYYY HE IS SO COOL!!!!! And Hermano Perez took him under his wing and it was the best thing ever, I love that family. I am inviting them to my wedding. Anyway, Carlos liked the baptism and then he stayed for the dinner afterwards and it was so awesome, the members really opened to him and made him feel comfortable and it was the best. He said he would come to general conference too!!!!!! YAY FOR THE SPIRIT!!!!Â

I LOVE THE MISSION I LOVE THE GOSPEL I LOVE THE ATONEMENT I LOVE THE SACRAMENT I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON AMEN Y AMEN. 



No comments:

Post a Comment